Q. How long have you been doing what you do and how did you get to be a business coach?
A. I have always been interested in helping people reach their full potential which I’m sure goes back to my early years. I grew up with a mother who was brilliant and very talented.
Unfortunately, no one ever told her that when she was growing up so she suffered from a lack of self-confidence and self-esteem issues. After completing two years of college, she married my Dad and had two kids by the time she was 22. When I was a sophomore in college, she went back to school, got her undergraduate degree and then her master’s degree.
After each degree she earned, she had an idea of what she was going to do with it. Become a therapist, start a training business, buy this or that business. She never seemed to be able to take action around any of those things, because her mindset was such that she probably wasn’t good enough or smart enough to become successful in those businesses-which was so far from the truth.
I believe if my mother had had a coach or business mentor helping her along the way, she would have been able to make something happen. It was very difficult as a kid growing up in the house with an unhappy mother. Unfortunately, she died of lung cancer at the age of 56 and was never able to realize her full potential in this lifetime.
Because I saw the impact it makes on a person and family growing up, I’ve made it my mission and commitment to help others reach their full potential. I worked as an executive in the newspaper industry for over twenty years where I got known as the person who “fixed people and ad departments”.
In the late 1990’s I read an interview in The Boston Globe Sunday Magazine with Cheryl Richardson, one of the first life coaches in the industry. I had never heard of coaching as a profession, but after I read that article, I knew right then and there that coaching was my calling and I signed up for a coaching certification program the very next day!
Since then I have made it my commitment and mission to help self-employed professionals and solo practitioners become “Higher Performing People” in their businesses through better marketing, increased accountability and productivity and the right mindset through one-on-one coaching, teleclasses, workshops and VIP days.
I have worked with many, many private clients, spoken to countless groups, and have created The Higher Performance Business System™, which is a series of seven steps every sole practitioner needs to implement to get more clients and make more money.
Q. Who are your clients exactly?
A. I work with bright, talented, high energy solo practitioners and very small businesses who struggle to market themselves effectively, stretch their capacity and play a bigger game. People, who would like to overcome their fear of sales, increase their self-confidence and need a step by step strategy to help them take their business to the next level.
The professions I work with are numerous, including but not limited to:
|Business Coaches||Branding Strategists|
|Financial Consultants||Interior Decorators|
|IT Consultants||Life/Personal Coaches|
|Marketing Consultants||Massage Therapists|
|Professional Organizers||Real Estate Brokers|
Q. How are you different from other business coaches?
A. Although we will occasionally touch upon life coaching issues, you have me as a Higher Performance Business System™ expert and consultant. I ONLY work with sole practitioners and very small businesses. I have a unique ability to connect with people, see their strengths and help them reach their full potential. What that means to you is that I am very focused on anything and everything that works for the sole practitioner or very small business owner, to help them get more clients and make more money. You will receive proven tools, accountability and a step by step strategy to take your business to the next level.
Q. What type of personality do you work best with and what is expected of me?”
A. I ONLY work with talented, high energy and motivated solo practitioners and very small businesses who put their heads and hearts into their business. I am selective in who I work with. What you get with me is no-nonsense, accountability, and laser-focused support along with lots of compassion, curiosity and humor.
I get people unstuck. I move them in the direction of their hopes and dreams. I help them uncover their gifts. I offer fresh ideas, practical solutions, support, and, ultimately, results.
Consider what you’ll do with me to be an action learning course. You will be expected to take serious and consistent action to accomplish your goals. No excuses anymore. This is a very different way of thinking and being. You will receive full support while you achieve your goals of more clients and more money.
Q. For what type of professional is this program NOT going to work?
A. Please know I’m very selective in who I work with. I choose to (gently) turn away people who aren’t suited for my programs and won’t get the results they would have signed up for. (It wouldn’t be fair to them.)
My programs are NOT for those who have no money coming in and are financially desperate, at least not right away. It’s been my experience that people in financial crisis do not trust the recommendations I give them and do not do the work (probably because they spend so much time worrying about where they are going to get next month’s rent check or mortgage payment.)
If you fall within this category, it’s absolutely OK. We’ve all been in times of financial crisis at one point or another. Do yourself (3) favors:
- Get some money coming in with a full-time or part-time job at the very least, and then call me. This will alleviate some stress and provide a little more peace of mind. Mostly, it will free your mind enough to be able focus on your assignments and the BIG picture of taking your business to the next level. Once you start seeing the clients come in as a result of our work, you can then start reducing the hours you work at that other job and focus on your own practice.
- Sign up for some of my free products including my weekly ezine and my CD, “7 Productivity Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs”. (Click here to subscribe.) The free information will get you started towards your goals until you’re ready to work with me one-on-one.
- Make a point to listen to the free teleclass seminars listed in the ezine. These seminar downloads will give you a LOT of things to think about.
Taking action to do these three things will really help you get ready for our work together. When you’re ready, call me and we’ll get you started. (I’m in no rush and will be here when you need me.)
The one type of person I absolutely won’t work with is the person who consistently makes excuses for not doing the work, or challenges every aspect of the program, or doesn’t show up for their sessions. If you are one of these people, I gently and respectfully ask that you not call, and I hope you understand that I set these clear boundaries and expectations because I am TOTALLY committed to the success of the clients with whom I work.
Q. What exactly is The Higher Performance Business System ™ and what does it include?
A. Playing bigger in the world and taking your business to the next level requires a vision, a plan, and a way to get your message out there. It also requires compelling marketing messages, accountability, and systems to help you get there. And of course you must be willing to take consistent and serious action, every day! Here’s what the System gets you to do:
- Get clarity on your vision. What do you really want in your business? What is your 1, 3, 5 year vision? It’s hard to get somewhere if you aren’t clear on your vision, so together we’ll use some tools to help you get clarity on where you want to be in your business, so we can begin to build a plan to get you there.
- Create your ideal weekly work schedule. Most entrepreneurs just work…and work and work and work. If you want to your business to “be” in a different place than it is today, then you need to “do” things differently today. You need to create time to work on your business and IN your business. What’s your ideal work week? What day will you be solely working on your marketing and business development? We will create client days, business development days and personal time, which will help you achieve a high level of productivity in your business. And we’ll look at what you can STOP doing to make more room in your schedule to work on your business!
- Get clear on “who” you are serving. Who is your ideal client? What are their issues? What are they struggling with? Where do they “hang-out”? What makes you their problem solver? We will find out exactly who your ideal clients are and how you can reach them most effectively and inexpensively.
- Create compelling marketing message that reach your ideal client. You will learn how to craft compelling marketing messages that are in your ideal client’s language, so you can pull your ideal client towards you, rather than you chasing after them.
- Create a step by step networking plan. In order to get more clients and make more money, you must be out there educating people on what you do-in a BIG way. We will create a step by step networking plan that consistently puts you in front of your ideal clients.
- Become an expert at closing the sale. Business professionals and entrepreneurs who have great ideas or products often struggle with how to market or sell their products or services. We will create a powerful mindset shift that will completely change the way you look at the “dreaded” sales activity. By sharing a powerful, yet simple step-by-step process, you will have the tools to begin expanding your client base immediately…without feeling like a pushy “sales-type”!
- Create the systems you need so you will consistently take action and create great results in your business. You will always need to market and keep your pipeline filled with potential clients-which can sometimes feels overwhelming and draining. By creating and implementing tried-and-true systems you will develop a more organized and productive approach to running your business and achieving your financial goals.
These are the steps of The Higher Performance Business System™ that I’ve created after working with many solo professionals and small businesses over the last 8+ years.
In addition to these seven steps, you will also learn how to market yourself effectively, manage clients more easily, make your time work for YOU, close the sale without feeling like you’re selling, to work smarter, not harder, and eliminate the fears and self-sabotage that may be holding you back.
Q. Does this really work?
A. Yes! The result of our work is an approach to learning to market your services that, over time and with your dedication, works consistently to take your business to the next level. (See Client Testimonials)
Q. What results can I expect?
A. You can expect to:
- Get clarity on the vision for your business
- Create a compelling marketing message that will make your ideal client say, “Wow, that’s exactly what I need, can I have your card?”
- Get proven ways of educating your network of friends and associates so more than just your clients are sending you referrals
- Develop rate packages that work well
- Create your ideal work week, so you stop working into the night and during the weekends
- Get out there and network effectively
- Reach your ideal clients in large numbers and inexpensively
- Work smarter at building your business, not harder
- Close the sale without ever feeling like a “pushy” salesperson
- Stay accountable to your goals and achieve them
- Set up recurring referral systems
- Create greater exposure and visibility for yourself and your business
- Learn time saving and productivity techniques that will dramatically cut down your work time
- Implement systems so you consistently market your services easily, and develop a more organized, productive approach to running your business and achieving your ultimate financial goals.
- Get more clients and make more money than you’re making now!!
Q. Can I contact some of your former clients to see what it’s like to work with you?
A. Yes, absolutely! Please go to the Client Testimonials page and read all of them. You’ll find testimonials from clients who were enthusiastic about their work with me and the results they achieved. Then, feel free to email or call them about working with me and my programs.
Q. How quickly can I expect results?
A. Obviously, this depends on how long you’ve been in business and how much you put into the assignments that we give you. That said, virtually all clients see results within the first couple of weeks in the form of increased productivity, better boundaries, new clients or new prospects, more revenue, turning more prospects into paying clients and more referrals from these clients.
Q. Where are you located? Do you only work with local clients?
A. I live in Portland, Maine, and since my work with my clients is done over the phone, I am not restricted by geography and I have clients all over the world.
Q. How will we work together and what’s involved?
A. Our sessions include high level coaching via personal telephone conversations and email. I currently have several private coaching programs that offer different number of sessions per month based on how quickly you want to get moving in your business. Each program is for six months.
Here are brief descriptions:
The Fast Track Program Three 60 minute calls per month
This six month option is for high achieving go-getters who want to move extraordinarily fast in growing their business. In this program, we schedule three 60-minute calls per month, one per week to get you on track and speeding through the process of building your business. This is one of my more popular programs and creates the best results by far because you simply have more time and guidance from me over a consistent period of time. This package includes unlimited e-mail and phone calls in between sessions, and mp3 downloads of all calls and teleclasses including, “Get Out Of Your Way and Get on with It”.
The Basic Program Two 60-minute calls per month
This option is for independent self-starters who want to take consistent action in building their business. They strategize, collaborate and brainstorm with me on issues or assignments that come up, and feel they don’t need to speak every week with me to do this. With this option, we schedule two 60-minute calls per month, for six months, to get you moving quickly, stay on track and eliminate obstacles currently in your way, so you can grow your business faster than you would on your own.
Q: Do clients ever continue past the original program?
A. Yes. Many of my clients feel that having me as a continuous part of their support team keeps forward movement in their business. They also enjoy the accountability and the inspiration that comes with an ongoing coaching relationship. After you have worked with me in either my fast track or basic program, you can then move to the maintenance program which is two ½ hour calls per month.
Q. OK, I know which program I want. How do we get started?
A. Wonderful! Did you know that one of the most prominent characteristics of successful people is that they take action? Successful people also take educated risks, are decisive, and they move forward towards success faster as a direct result of this. So, congratulations! Since this feels right for you-let’s get started!
Here’s what you do: Call me at 207-653-6977 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a quick call with me so we can get you started. There is a fairly extensive intake form and some other paperwork for you to fill out prior to our first call. I also require payment in advance, so I will send you an invoice for your program and you can then schedule your first appointment and get going on moving your business forward!
Q: Do you accept credit cards?
A. Yes, through Paypal, or you can pay by check. Again, I do ask for payment prior to the coaching engagement. All programs have either a monthly investment or a pre-paid 6 month investment that includes significant savings for paying upfront.
Q. If I’m not sure I’m ready to get started, how can I sample your work to see if it’s the right solution for me?
A. The way to sample The High Performance Business System™ is by subscribing to the weekly email newsletter. “The Higher Performing People” email newsletter provides you with proven tips, the latest tools and powerful techniques from my programs. It is a must for anyone who wants to market themselves effectively, stretch their capacity and play a bigger game! Subscribe here.
Q. I think I’m ready to sign up, but I have a couple of additional questions. Can I call you?
A. Sounds like you are ready to take action! Absolutely, if you have some questions, you may reach me at 207-653-6977 or e-mail me at email@example.com. I’ll be happy to walk you through the different options to see which one will be the very best fit for you and your business. I am so honored to be the one to help you become a fabulous success with your business!