Public Speaking, Full, Half Day and Mini Training Sessions
Mandy Schumaker regularly facilitates management retreats and presents leadership workshops on a variety of topics. She is also available as a keynote speaker. She also offers full, half day, and mini training programs to teams and organizations, tackling in hours what sometimes takes months to cover. See below to download a speaker sheet
Choose from one of the more popular topics or let Mandy customize a program to meet your business needs:
“When They Won’t Behave the Way You Want (No, Not Your Kids, Your Employees)” and “Coaching with Courage”
These modules can be delivered separately, or when combined provide an informative four-hour session.
- “When They Won’t Behave the Way You Want” focuses on enhancing team performance. Learn skills for delivering better performance reviews and how to handle conflict resolution with confidence.
- “Coaching with Courage” outlines a specific four-step coaching process that will work in any employee performance situation. Learn how to reach agreement on problems, how to develop an action plan for correcting problems, and how to integrate consistent follow up with employees.
When Generations Collide: Managing the Differences of Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation Xers and Millenials in the Workplace
For the first time ever, we have four generations working side by side in the workplace. Each of these generations were impacted by various events that shape who they are and how they work and yet, we need to understand what motivates the various generations and how to work together. Conflicts frequently have generational issues as their cause:
- “She is not committed to her job”
- “He has a poor work ethic”
- “Why is she always texting?”
- “I can’t believe the way he/she dresses”
- “What do you mean I can’t work from home on Friday’s”
This session will offer a better understanding and appreciation of each generation and how they act and think. It will include ideas on how to motivate and retain great employees from all generations, as well as offer insight into how to constructively work with individuals from among the various generations.
How to Overcome Your Fear of Sales and Get More Customers NOW!
- Are you nervous about being seen as salesy and pushy when you are talking to a customer or investor?
- Have you been trying all the latest and greatest ideas to attract more customers, but it’s just not working?
- Do you start squirming or even stuttering when you move into talking about your pricing or details about your services?
- Do you ever wish sales could be natural, fun and enjoyable?
- Do you feel like you are working too hard for the results you are seeing?
Many business professionals and entrepreneurs who have great ideas or products often struggle with how to market or sell their products or services. This session will provide a powerful mindset shift that will completely change the way you look at the often “dreaded” sales activity. By sharing a powerful, yet simple step-by-step process, at the end of the session you will have the tools to begin expanding your client base immediately…without feeling like a pushy “sales-type”!
“How to Increase Your Sphere of Influence and Build Credibility in the Workplace” and “Building Followership and Achieve Results”
Increase your level of influence with employees, peers, and managers. You don’t have to be the leader to be influential! The second module looks at followership as a leader. Together, these two modules make up a two-hour intensive.
“Deliver a ‘Spot On’ Presentation That Your Audience Actually Appreciates”
How many times have you attended a presentation given by someone who is technically brilliant but who talked over the heads of the audience? Where the body language was awkward and the message was dry technical jargon? Don’t let this be you! In this two-hour workshop, learn how to give a presentation that grabs the audience from the beginning and gets your message across crystal clear.
“Understanding Differences in the Workplace”
Using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator, this three-and-a-half-hour workshop helps you see and understand your own preferences before experiencing how other people’s preferences may be different than your own, sometimes becoming a source of conflict.
“How to Facilitate Effective Meetings”
Managing a successful meeting takes planning, preparation, a host of facilitation skills, and a full bag of process tools. This two-hour workshop is a practical session for making your steady stream of meetings more exciting, productive, creative, and fun!