I have always found the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas a great time to get your plans in place for the New Year! When I used to work in corporate and our fiscal year ended on December 31st, we were always spending September and October doing strategic planning for the upcoming year. It always felt too early and sometimes difficult to come up with tactical plans for the following year, particularly when you were looking out over a year in advance at the fourth quarter of the New Year.
But I always appreciated, when I got to January 2nd and was back to work-I could hit the ground running, because I already knew EXACTLY what I had to do! So, what are your plans for 2013? How much money do you want to make? How much is that broken down month by month, or week by week? What programs and products do you want to introduce?
Do yourself a favor. Today, take a couple of minutes to look at your calendar, schedule at least a half day with yourself, and a full day if you can. Block it off in your calendar. If you have a team you work with, you might want to consider taking your team with you for this time, if you’re by yourself, then plan to go to a quiet place where you can think, dream and be inspired.
Take the time to answer these questions as they pertain to your business in 2013:
- How much money do you want to make in the New Year?
- What are three risks you are going to take in the next 90 days?
- Where is the low-hanging fruit in your business or organization and what is your plan to immediately go after it?
- What new product or services will you be introducing in Quarter 1, 2, 3 and 4?
- How can you serve even more people than you are currently serving?
- What’s the one thing you need to STOP doing?
- Where are the areas that need to be systematized in your business?
- What are the specific programs, products or services you will be offering in Jan, Feb and Mar?
- What one self-care practice will you commit to doing weekly?
- Where will you play bigger in your business in 2013?
Please let me know how you did with this exercise! It’s so important to take the time to PLAN and strategize in your business. And make sure you’ve checked out my JUMPSTART YOUR BUSINESS IN 90 DAYS coaching program. It could be just the thing you and your business need to make the difference between doing well…and doing GREAT!
|Mandy works with talented, high energy self employed professionals and very small businesses who struggle to market their business effectively, stretch their capacity and play a bigger game. Mandy’s client’s receive proven, specific information on what they need to do to get more clients and grow their business. As a result, those who coach with Mandy increase their business, get more clients and make more money, faster and easier than they ever would have on their own. .Sign up for her free Cd “7 Productivity Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs” right down below.|